Hey everyone! Because its summer time and the flowers are blooming and the sun is shining, I thought it would be awesome to create a beautiful floral crown to wear around! It turned out really pretty and a lot easier to make than I had anticipated. I decided to use tropical flowers like orchids to represent my home of south Florida, which is very tropical (and hot). I used fake orchids for this because I wanted it to last longer and real orchids are just so beautiful that I couldn’t see myself cutting them from their plant to just have die in a day! So without further ado…
What You’ll Need
- Fake flowers, or real if you’d like
- Floral tape
- Wired twine cord
- Green floral wire (although I didn’t end up using it)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Wire cutters
1. Take your wired twine cord and measure to fit around your head with some room left over. Wrap the wired twine edges around each other to hold in place. Take your floral tape and wrap it around the twine edges to ensure that your crown will be nice and sturdy.
2. Start attaching your flowers to the twine crown by using your floral tape and wrapping it tightly to hold your flowers in place. I just snipped the long stems of my orchid plant, leaving the little white orchid flowers on the stem. I wrapped the entire stem around the crown.
3. For the main centerpiece of your crown, I used bigger orchid flowers along with some light pink roses. I found it much easier to use my hot glue gun for this part because it allowed for easier placement. Arrange your flowers as you wish! Once your crown is decorated with flowers to your liking, you are done!
Check out their links for more floral crown inspiration!