So recently I came across a really delicious picture on Pinterest of what looked like smore cookies or something. As soon as I saw this picture I just knew that I needed to try and make smore cookies for myself! They turned out to be really good and really delicious. You basically just use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and sandwich them with delicious chocolate and marshmallow in between. I did make some changes to my favorite cookie recipe by adding in mini marshmallows into the dough. With all the baking that I’ve done over the years I should have known that these cute little white and fluffy marshmallows would melt in the oven. They did melt, and now you cant even tell that they were even in the dough to being with, but I still would recommend adding them in there because they do add that crispy brown sugar taste. Anyway, without further ado, here is the recipe for these delicious smore cookies!
Chocolate Chip Mini Marshmallow Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows
- Hershey’s chocolate bars
- Regular sized marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Fold in mini marshmallows
Drop heaping 2 tablespoon-size balls of dough about 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center,14-16 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
- Once cooled, place Hershey’s chocolate bar pieces and about 2 regular sized marshmallows on top of one cookie. Microwave for 20 seconds or place under broiler until marshmallows are toasty. Place second cookie on top to make sandwich. And Done!
*recipe adapted from good ole Martha Stewart*